1. The party for which professional services are rendered, as by an attorney.
2. A customer or patron: clients of the hotel.
3. A person using the services of a social services agency.
4. One that depends on the protection of another.
5. A client state.
6. Computers A computer or program that can download files for manipulation, run applications, or request application-based services from a file server.
cli′ent·age (-ən-tĭj) n.
cli·en′tal (klī-ĕn′tl, klī′ən-) adj.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.